Saturday 29 April 2017

Raise Me Up

It’s been one year since I began assisting @BrionyScott to organise the Renaissance Women Leaders' Network (#RWLN) and our past presenters are an amazing group of generous leaders. I place these women high on a pedestal, as I have the utmost respect for them because of their passion, empathy, wisdom, experience, and their willingness to build the capacity of others. They stand above; they stand out; they stand up. Some may argue that putting people up on a pedestal is not ideal, but this is what I have experienced.

Dr Nicole Archard, Jan Owen AM, Dr Briony Scott,
Christine Nixon APM & Lucy Clark.
When you hold people at a higher level, they will either raise you up to meet them or not. When I conversed with our female presenters from our last year- @NicoleArchard @JanOwenAM @chrisnixon1852 @lucykateclark, they all raised me up. They are genuine, down-to-earth, empathetic and generous. When I am in their company, they make me feel I can do more, be more and help others more. While the moment and feeling may dissipate, I know I have the capacity to rise to a higher level.


While they are all leaders in various fields, they have common traits.  




As I mentioned, when you hold people at a higher level, they will either raise you up to meet them at that level ... or not. I have also experienced the not. If it weren’t for another person who witnessed our conversation, I would probably have thought I misheard or misinterpreted. Regardless, that experience showed me that not all leaders are at the point in their career or willing to build the capacity of others. It was good for me to have this experience, as I value those generous leaders more. So when you have the opportunity to connect, learn and be in the presence of the leaders who raise you up, appreciate the moment. Surround yourself with people who have a positive influence and reach out to those who have the qualities you value. It's well worth the time and effort. 

The next #RWLN is 18 May with the amazing @chriscawsey. Please register for this complimentary event here. 


The learning continues...
@stringer_andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment